As plasterboard semicircular bend 2 effective method
The need to bend drywall occurs if you want to beautifully arrange the ceiling or to make an arch on demand and versatility drywall will give odds to many other building materials. And make him a design often highly complex. In particular, this often has to bend drywall. So how do you do it right?
Types of Drywall: how to make a half-circle of plasterboard
The first thing to consider - is the thickness of the GCR. Plates 12 mm bending difficult, special tools for this are not needed. But if you want, for example, to bend the gypsum board radius of up to 130 cm, it is better to take a sheet of 9 mm.
In fact, you can bend any kind of drywall. But some are more prone to it.
Bent in a semicircle drywall should be carefully secured to the frame with screws
Types of Drywall:
- Ceiling. It is used for correcting the height of the ceiling surface of the base, for concealment of communication, to change the shape of the ceiling. It has a high moisture resistance.
- Wall. It is used for leveling and lining the walls in the room for the installation of interior partitions.
- Arched. Used in assembling arched openings of the room. Composition plasterboard sheet is improved with the addition of glass fibers, it imparts flexibility to the material. This type of drywall features high strength.
- Moisture resistant. And it is used usually in areas with higher humidity of 80%, added elements in the composition of this material not absorbing liquid. Long-lasting protection against fungus is limited. Plasterboard is green.
As you can see, there are plenty to choose. Plasterboard malovesen, is inexpensive, it is an environmentally friendly material. But its strength compared with other materials will be modest. But it can be bent.
A method of bending, on a dry plasterboard
If self-tapping screws to fix sheet of drywall to supporting structure, then you will be able to bend it at a fairly large radius of curvature. This way you can take advantage of the radii of curvature greater than 1 m.
It is very important when dealing with plasterboard control the force of pressing, observing great care when installing. If the sheet is thinner, and the curvature radius is smaller.
To bend drywall "dry" method will require a special form and a few heavy objects to fix the material on the sides (you can use bricks)
In dry bend sheet:
- Create the right size pattern;
- One edge of the sheet on the template lock screws;
- Bend the free edge of the plate for the template shape;
- The second edge attach with screws.
But for many, there is a more preferred methods of bending drywall. For them, water is used, or, as in the third method, make incisions. Safer still is considered to be the first method described above.
The "wet" method of bending drywall
And this method can be considered as the most common. Above all, this method is good for the construction of arches, as well as built-in niches. It is based on taking into account the natural characteristics of the material. Since plaster distinguishes porosity, and in the case gets wet, drywall, the tender.
When fully dry the plasterboard sheet retain a curved shape created for many years.
Let us consider in detail how to implement it with their hands.
To bend drywall "wet" way it needs water, roll and shape
As the "wet" method to bend drywall:
- OSB manufactured frame (i.e., chipboard);
- Using room temperature water, wet the sheet until its surface is formed a so-called water table;
- about 10 minutes should be impregnated sheet;
- To drywall was evenly moistened, most suitable use of the needle roller (if not, then on the sheet made pricking awl or even conventional fork);
- At the same time, remember - list should not soak through, only gypsum core need to soak up the water;
- The wet sheet is bend in the same manner as described in dry method, and to secure the tape pattern;
- Plasterboard leave to dry completely.
Do not worry - contact with the liquid does not change the properties of the drywall. The water just makes it more elastic and flexible. When the material dries, its properties are returned to it in full. That is, the plaster becomes hard again.
Nadreznoy way to bend drywall
There are some reasons to wet the sheet can not be nadreznoy way to be friendly. This is also a dry method, only with a sheet held greater manipulation. Do not worry, this method does not result in injury to the sheet.
For "nadreznogo" the method you want to use stationery knife
- On one side of the sheet along fold lines make the cutter cuts at five-centimeter distance from one another (and suitable knife);
- Cuts should be done on the convex side of the paper - or rather, the side which is convex;
- The smaller the estimated radius - the lower notches should be;
- Depth of cuts approximately 2.3 mm to the other side of the cardboard layer;
- Side notched need to spread like a fan;
- Cuts should be filled with putty to fix the structure.
If used kerf cutter, the notches may be U-shaped and V-shaped. That is, a sheet of drywall can also take shape. Work gently and everything will turn out.
Tip: How to make a semi-circular wall of plasterboard
This is a separate technology - to make a wall in a semicircle. But there are accurate tips that precede any of the methods chosen by you. Take them into account.
When the decision to make a semi-circular wall of drywall should be used metal profile that is resistant to damage
For a semi-circular wall necessarily:
- Only use steel for strength profile;
- In plasterboard low tensile strength because the bending is necessary to use special patterns;
- If a small bending radius, bending before the procedure wet sheet "wet" method is preferred for such tasks;
- wall height should be up to the ceiling if you want ease of installation.
Any of the three methods can lead to the desired result. A well-chosen tools and precision technology to help cope with the task without loss. And, of course, drywall must be of good quality.
Examples of how to bend the plasterboard semicircle (video)
Because it is so popular and GCR that the opportunities he gives a lot of repair work. And this despite the fact that its price is more than reasonable. Try it and you change the look of their homes due to the low-cost, natural and flexible material.