How to fix the drywall to the wall: 2 Easy Ways
Installation of drywall to the wall is simple, so there is no need to involve professionals Drywall began to use relatively recently. In most cases, using a drywall try to smooth the surface of the wall. This can be done with the help of plaster, but this method too troublesome and expensive. With the help of the plasterboard can align the wall surface on their own, without the involvement of a repair brigade. If the surface is small, and the ceiling height is low, such alignment can very well make the most of the small cost necessary materiala.Vybor method depends on the surface of the wall, its flatness, walls destination. There are several ways to help fasten drywall to the wall.
Fixing plasterboard to the wall: how
Attach the drywall to the wall, you can use two methods.
If you want to align the ceiling or wall, you can use the below given methods, depending on the evenness of the wall:
- Fixing plasterboard can be carried out at the wall without the use of profiles. This method can be taken into account if the wall surface is smooth enough, with no visible flaws. Smooth surface is considered to be one where the differences account for a maximum of 2 cm. It should be noted that in such a way to attach the gypsum boards to the ceiling will not work, because they may come off quickly under its own weight. Also, this method is not suitable for use in areas with high humidity. Attach drywall in a high humidity only via a waterproof adhesive.
- The second way - fastening drywall to the frame. For this method is not important, and the degree of flatness of the wall of moisture in the room.
The easiest way to fasten drywall to the frame metal frame with screws
The most commonly used in the repair of the walls is the second method. This is due to the fact that the straight walls in our time are rare, so fixing plasterboard on frame saves time and energy in the alignment of the walls.
How to fix drywall to the wall with glue
Fastening drywall sheets on the wall with glue - a simple and intuitive method in which there are some nuances. In order to properly attach drywall to the wall, you should choose a good plaster mounting adhesive. If the walls in the house new and smooth, it is applied with a notched trowel on the entire area of the gypsum board.
To paste without drywall profile, the following actions should be bolted his wall:
- Firstly, it should be cut into the drywall strip and glue them to the wall;
- The last strip must be on the panel width;
- They must be in the same plane to track it, use level and beacons;
- The resulting construct will form a skeleton to which it will be possible to attach the drywall to the wall without a profile.
In the case where irregularities visible profile and can not be put before gluing GCR wall surface is primed and glued onto the primed wall small strip of drywall in a checkerboard pattern. The plane leveled and already installed on a flat surface gypsum board.
Before mounting drywall on the wall should be thoroughly cleaned of debris and dust
Note the important thing. Before applying drywall, make sure that you are going to glue it in the correct direction. Should extend outwardly paper layer and the paper must form a joint groove similarity. If the technology is broken, all the work will need to be restarted.
To arrive GKL to the wall without a frame should be prepared surface. It should be durable, have crumbling, mold and mildew.
In addition, the wall must be fully protected from dampness and frost. Fixing is carried out to the wall, free of paint, dust and oils. This method is good to use for the concrete smooth wall with no big flaws.
How to fasten drywall to the wall in the frame
There are different ways of attaching drywall to the wall. If you are not satisfied with the installation of the drywall on the glue, you can use drywall attachment to the frame.
The framework itself can be of two types:
- Metallic profile;
- Wooden crate.
If the ceilings are high, then fasten drywall to the wall is more convenient in small pieces
Method metal profile more practical, though not the cheapest. It is recommended to fasten drywall to metal profiles in wet areas such as saunas, bathrooms or saunas. In this matter, it does not matter the means for attaching to the wall of the GCR. One way or another, will be fixed drywall using self-tapping screws in the dowels. If the walls are made of wood, you can use nails.
It should be noted that the frame drywall installation method has a number of advantages:
- It provides sound insulation and a warmer temperature in the room;
- It helps align even very rough walls;
- You can avoid the hard work over the surface of the wall in the preparation;
- This method can be used to insulate walls samozamerzayuschie.
To prepare a wooden frame, you will need bars of wood, measuring 30 by 50 mm. Fix the frame rails of wood you can use the dowels and screws. Wood construction will cost you less, but it can quickly rot, so it is best to use a frame made of metal profiles.
Fastening drywall to the wall: Procedure
There are two ways to attach drywall to the wall and two course of action for this purpose. To begin, consider the procedure works for frameless fastening method. You will need to do a wall plasterboard, gypsum dry mix, containers for dilution of the mixture, knife paint, jigsaw, usually a rubber mallet, spatulas, level, fishing line, tape-measure.
Before starting the installation process, make sure that all the wires that are behind the drywall, have good insulation
- The first thing we do - this surface are measuring wall and plan a place to put the FCL, look, that there was no cross-shaped joints.
- Now prepare the surface for installation. To do this, cleanse it from crumbling, dust and other things. Uneven and quickly absorbent surfaces primed.
- Now we make cutting GCR, do not use only whole sheet, but also inserts that need to prepare in advance.
- We produce adhesive plaster weight of the gypsum mixture slow solidification. Its role can be played starting putty. You can still connect the stucco, but it should be added to the wallpaper paste or glue PVA.
- GCR sticking to the wall. The adhesive layer will depend on the evenness of the wall. On a flat surface can be glued directly to the wall, and the curve - via the leveling beacons from sheets of drywall.
To turn the GCR to the wall on the frame, you will also need a wall plasterboard, metal profiles (to strengthen the structure) for fixing profiles, dowels and screws, drill, hammer drill, screws, screwdriver, putty and a putty knife, a Bulgarian, a tape measure and a plumb. To improve the sound insulation during installation by using mineral wool. If there are holes on the screws, they can disguise putty.
We are doing the right thing: how to fasten drywall to the wall (video)
Alignment walls with drywall - a great way to improve the sound insulation in the apartment, make a quick and quality repairs.