Installation and types of plastic ceilings
The ceiling of the plastic panels - a simple and reliable option in domestic furnishing For registration ceiling is most commonly used plastic. This material is suitable for finishing the ceiling in the country, and for finishing the ceiling in the apartment. PVC panels and harmoniously discreet look in any interior. If you decide to install a ceiling made of plastic, you have to choose the appropriate size of the canvas. The panels vary in width, texture and length. In addition, plastic plates can be different colors.
Plastic Ceiling: advantages and disadvantages
Plastic ceiling - the most common variant of finishing the bathroom, kitchen and balcony. PVC panels are made of polyvinyl chloride. This material is not harmful and is environmentally friendly.
Installation of plastic web takes an average of 6-7 hours. The lion's share of time spent on the installation batten for the panels. Due to the simplicity of the design, the plastic can set even a novice.
Advantages of plastic ceilings:
- Low-cost panels. Square meter of the material costs are 2-3 times cheaper than a square meter of drywall.
- Plastic looks concise and discreet.
- The panels do not require special care and are easy to clean. Stains and spots from the ceiling can be removed using conventional soap solution.
- High moisture resistance performance. On plastic plates does not appear mold or fungus.
Plastic ceiling does not need special care, from time to time enough to wipe off the dust with a damp sponge
Disadvantages of PVC panels:
- Reducing the height of the room. If you decide to install the plastic ceiling, then be prepared for the fact that the height of the ceiling will fall by 5-10 centimeters.
- Low fire resistance.
- Low strength values. Plastic panels are easily deformed under the influence of mechanical damage.
Plastic plate for the ceiling: features and installation design
Plastic boards - a type of suspended ceilings. Fits this material onto a metal lath, which is assembled from profiles. If desired, the frame can be manufactured from solid wood.
Prior to installation, calculate the amount of materials needed. To do this, you need to calculate the area of the ceiling surface. If the room has an unusual configuration, you divided the entire ceiling into several rectangular or square areas.
The scheme of installation of plastic panels on the ceiling
Plastic tiles installation sequence:
- Install the starter profile. Align it with the spirit level.
- Attach the furring cross design details. To fix, use special hangers.
- Fasten the first panel on the crate. To do this, use the self-tapping screws. staple gun may be used if desired.
- Install the remaining panels similarly.
Plastics for finishing the ceiling
What types of plastic plates there? PVC panels are subdivided in texture, color, size and configuration. In addition, plastic plates divided by their purpose.
Plastic panels are:
- Reechnyh. Their thickness varies from 5 to 10 millimeters and a width of 10 to 40 centimeters. The rack bar also to separate strips of length. The length varies from 2.5 to 6 meters. Rack panels are cheaper than most.
- Tiled. These panels have a square shape with a side of 30-100 centimeters. Along the perimeter of the tile disposed mounting flange, via which the fastening.
- Leaf. The width of these panels is 0.8-2 meters. Leaf length varies from 1.5 to 4 meters. At the junction of panels installed profiles.
To create a comfortable and aesthetic appearance of the room is important to determine the range of colors of plastic panels
When you select a texture and color panels refer to interior design. If the room is in the style of classical, fusion, or minimalism, prefer white or gray panels. In other cases it is advisable to use colored PVC sheets.
Installation of plastic sheets on the ceiling
If you decide to use a sheet panels, before starting the installation you need to take care of the installation of wiring and communications. Then you need to make a preliminary surface preparation. It is recommended to clean the ceiling of dirt and eliminate unevenness using a sealant.
To base on the surface of the fungus does not appear, it is recommended to treat the ceiling using an antiseptic solution. You also need to determine the height of attachment of the web. It is recommended to install the panel at a distance of 7-9 centimeters from the base surface.
Prior to installation of plastic panels must be eliminated base surface defects
Sequence plastic sheet assembly:
- Install metal or wooden crate.
- Secure special corners. To fix them using screws.
- By using a hacksaw, cut the plastic panel.
- The edge of the plastic strip the panels using sandpaper.
- Make holes for the lights.
- Fasten the first panel across the profile.
- Place the remaining sheets on the ceiling.
- Before you install the last panel, align the ceiling with the help of guides. To do this, tighten or loosen the screws.
Finishing the ceiling in the kitchen with plastic panels (video)
Install plastic sheets or tiles quite easy, if you follow the basic guidelines. When choosing materials, pay attention to its mission and size. If you plan on using plastic for the finishing bath, use the rack panels. In other cases, it is recommended to use tile or sheet panels.
Plastic ceiling in the interior (photo)