Liquid wallpaper with your hands – 7 Steps to Success in transforming walls
Liquid wallpaper - a modern finishing materials that can be prepared and put their hands, without recourse to spetsialistamZhidkie wallpaper - surely this is a conditional name. This special mixture of different composition to the surface of the walls are applied by brush, roller, spatulas and other tools of paint and plaster profiles. Such mixtures can be bought in specialty stores, as well as make their own hands in the most ordinary home.
The composition of the liquid wallpaper and types
Different wallpaper, above all, the fact that they are made from natural materials. That is, a priori wallpapers are breathable. The basis liquid wallpaper - cotton fibers, silk or cellulose.
The structure of liquid wallpaper includes natural fiber or cellulose and the adhesive that attaches the surface inhomogeneous structure
Also, of course, in the component structure includes a bonding agent that is adhesive. When dissolved in water, and it creates a mass that is suitable for application to the wall. That is then the process resembles the usual plaster.
If you buy makeup in packages dry for breeding separately acquire color because originally dry white wallpaper. Special coloring additives make it possible to adjust and choose the color of the future wallpaper.
Liquid wallpaper with your own hands: reviews and Benefits
Of course, you should get on the visible advantages, which can boast of such a decoration.
The walls are decorated with liquid wallpaper is not only aesthetically pleasing look, but also have a "breathing" properties
In addition, many consumer reviews are inclined only to the positive aspects, and it does not matter: the wallpaper made with their own hands or the material purchased in the store.
Advantages of liquid wallpaper:
- After the weight applied to the wall, a layer of wallpaper acquire a porous structure, and this additional heat and sound insulator walls of the room;
- The coating will not clog the pores in the wall, which makes the "breathing" wallpaper, and this is an example of an optimum microclimate;
- Antiseptic effect will not attract dust to the walls, and the health of residents is useful;
- Odor liquid wallpaper also do not absorb;
- Its original color they retain for a long time, so are not afraid of UV exposure;
- The walls do not have to carefully prepare - aligns wall material itself (if it is a not very large defects).
- Remove them will also be easy - the decorative layer comes off with a spatula, and the integrity of its safety. This has to do, if the room is carried out the work, affecting the integrity of the wall.
Production of liquid wallpaper with your own hands: knead well
If you bought at the store structure, manufacturing technology will be one. Usually you prepare one or two containers for breeding wallpaper. Most often it is a plastic bowl large size, it would be good - with high walls.
Wall covering liquid wallpaper begins with the manufacture of the working mixture, which includes the dry powder and water
Then the recipe is as follows:
- The weight of the package is poured into the prepared container is filled with water;
- How to pour the water, what proportions - is always indicated on the package;
- Soaking use lukewarm vodichku;
- Next, the mass is kneaded to homogeneity;
- Before the eruption of the packages necessarily shake, it will prevent lumps;
- After mixing the composition should lie in a plastic bag or wrap in foil, and all this will infuse 12 hours;
- The mixture should be quite plastic, medium density on;
- Before applying the dough a little diluted with clean water.
By the way, if the mixed product to keep sealed, it may well be in a suitable condition to two weeks.
Next, we consider the options as possible to make liquid wallpaper of the usual sawdust or newspapers and magazines at home.
Step by step recipe: liquid wall with their hands out of paper
These self-made wallpaper can be made from any paper - books, old newspapers, wrappers and packaging etc. You need also dye, perhaps a few flowers. We also need water, PVA glue, acrylic plaster, gypsum or glue Bustilat.
Well as additives used:
- Wood shredded bark;
- Algae (dried, of course);
- mica powder;
- Pieces of yarn;
- Granite crumb;
- Crumb of quartz or other stone.
At home, liquid wallpaper can be made from old newspapers, scraps of paper, and a number of additional components
Process phased, the dye is already poured into the prepared mixture. It was only after the mixture of the present, you pour the desired additives.
The paper is first necessary to grind. Then place it in a container, fill it with the usual little water, leave for an hour or three, making it possible to soften the material. Per kg paper must take 5 liters of water. You must wait a full soaking, after which the paper with water is mixed with an electric beater-mixer.
The resulting homogeneous mixture was added to the colorant and adhesive, then kneading continues.
The mixture is then put in a large plastic bag, and a half days the mixture was left to "mature." When the deadline expired, the mass takes place, kneaded by hand. If you want to make a wallpaper with sequins, they are also added to the stock after its maturation.
The weight before application to the wall of added gypsum. The more plaster, the faster the weight will seize and harden.
Do yourself: liquid wallpaper from sawdust with his own hands
In this case, the forming material will sawdust. This will give relief structure of liquid wallpaper, make them pleasant to the touch.
Sawdust in the composition of liquid wallpaper make wall relief and pleasant to the touch
This finish will delight the eye.
You act as follows:
- Pour sawdust, which do not need to grind in a deep container;
- To this mixture add two lids caramel, for example, pistachio;
- Scoop of the boxes infant formula composition add forty spoons gypsum;
- There also you add two hundred mile liter tube of glue;
- The whole is stirred until the mixture will not resemble putty mixture;
- Then this mixture is applied with a spatula on the wall.
Dry wallpaper with sawdust at least a day. For additional decor part can also add glitter. On the surface of the wallpaper applied easily pleased, and as completely dry, you can stain them.
Working with liquid wallpaper: how to apply
For the application of wallpaper you are using a wide spatula or grater made of transparent plastic, it is possible - stainless steel. The process itself will remind puttying.
For applying liquid wallpaper using a spatula or trowel
Ie wallpaper weight is placed on the instrument by first spread on the wall roughly, and then smoothed evenly.
The subtleties of application:
- After the formation of the desired layer thickness, the fibers must be smoothed multidirectional lightly. Such an effect is often achieved by rotary movements grater.
- When you change the direction of smoothing, plots are obtained with different textures. This wall forms a discreet pattern.
- And color combinations available - wallpaper Kohler in different colors, is applied to circuit portions which previously marked on the wall.
For the application of wallpaper often used trowel.
Trowel for liquid wallpaper or spatula: what to choose
Selecting a tool for working with liquid wallpaper depends on the skills that you already have and, of course, personal preference. If we talk about the professionals, they prefer to put wallpaper transparent small trowel and spatula.
When working with liquid wallpaper novice masters can use the roller
For beginners it is recommended to use a roller to smooth seamless silk cover.
If you want to cover a fairly large area of the wall, texture gun is used - this makes it possible to apply the material evenly, and spend it sparingly.
Production of liquid wallpaper with your own hands (video)
Working with liquid wallpaper - a process not only repair, but also creativity. This decor is more interesting than a simple wallpaper, and the result is always happy, unless, of course, to follow the technology.
Good luck in your work!