Original patchwork: nice and easy for beginners
Little colored rags needlewoman turn in exquisite items, and these items iskusstvaRaboty masters made in the popular technique of patchwork, amaze and delight. Little colored rags needlewoman turn in exquisite items, as well as real works of art: pot holders, cushions, bags, blankets, tunics, and even the whole picture. However, each artist was once a beginner. Where do you start to learn quilting?
patchwork technique: recommendations for beginners needlewomen
Quilting, like any other arts and crafts, has a rich and interesting history of development. In those days, when the tissue created by women by hand, and the price was every bit of fabric, trim and worn clothes are not thrown away, but sparingly careful hand used on the farm. Trimming turned into mats, and old clothes - to quilts. Skilled workers who have artistic taste, created special designs, color combinations. And over time, this painstaking work is allocated in a special kind of arts and crafts skills.
Help for beginners are simple step by step video tutorials and photo work process
Modern housewives do not need so economical use of the fabric, and so today for patchwork rarely used second-hand junk. In addition, beginners will be useful to learn from the new, not stretched or worn fabric of time.
It is advisable that you had a sewing machine. You can sew the flaps manually, but the seams have to do a lot, so this robot is not only very laborious, but also exhausting - both hand and eye. And with the help of machines, this work is much faster and more accurately.
What other tools and materials needed:
- The cloth;
- Sharp scissors;
- Graph paper;
- Pencil or soap to mark patterns;
Fabrics for patchwork should not fade
When choosing fabrics for patchwork should be guided by such characteristics of matter:
- Make sure that the fabric does not fade;
- It is impossible to matter after washing to shrink;
- It is important to weave not crumble when cutting;
- The fabric should be easily smoothed iron;
- Colors and shades should be in harmony.
Newcomers in the patchwork can be advised to take the first product of two or three different colored fabrics, one of which is self-colored. A great help for beginners are simple step by step video tutorials and photo work process.
A great temptation to make its first product made of shiny satin or velvet velor. But it will still be wiser to opt for a smooth cotton.
Simple patchwork: templates for patterns
Products patchwork perform both of the same parts, and different-sized patches. Beginners will be more easy to deal with a simple pattern of equal-sized cells. This will require templates. They can be found in specialty stores for handicrafts or to make his own out of cardboard.
Newcomers will be easier to cope with simple patterns using templates
- Cardboard draw a simple geometric shapes: squares, triangles - it depends on what kind of form will be blank for patchwork. This is the line sewing.
- The perimeter further delaying by 5 mm (for cotton fabrics) or 10 mm (for silk and satin) allowance for seams.
- Template cut to oversize the line, then it makes a hole in the stitching line.
Templates slotted convenient not only because they allow all outline on the fabric line pattern. Due to the through-hole can be seen how the image will be captured by the flap to beautifully combine patterns.
If you want to buy ready-made templates, choose items made of transparent plastic. They are also easy to track the boundaries of the drawing on the fabric.
Quilting: schemes for beginners
Should not immediately, without any preparation to start a chaotic patchwork sewing the edges. The work of experienced skilled workers only at first glance seem to be made out of pieces in a random order. Take a closer look and you will see a clear system of placing all the elements. Therefore, novice patchwork can not do without schemes of work, which will serve as a detailed plan for the future of sewing. It is convenient to carry out on graph paper, and causing all elements numbered.
Newcomers to the patchwork can not do without schemes of work, which will serve as a detailed plan for the future of sewing
At this step instructions will be laid:
- The sequence of assembly of parts;
- Their sizes;
- Color combinations.
Take some time to draw up the scheme, in the future you will save hours that would have spent on agonizing selection rag desired color, and immediately calculate the amount of material needed.
Practice on simple and small circuits, for example, to tack. Divide the square 20 x 20 cm to a few simple shapes: rectangles, triangles, and work out in the preparation of color combinations.
Technique patchwork pot holders: Master Class
An excellent way to get hand at quilting is a manufacturer of kitchen potholders. This thing that is useful in every home. In addition, because the product has a small footprint, it can be sewn from scraps of narrow, while work is carried out fairly quickly.
For tailoring the technique of patchwork pot holders will need:
- Multi-colored scraps of various sizes;
- Cut or fleece cotton measuring 20 x 20 cm;
- Cut drape dimensions 20 x 20 cm;
- Braid or tape 90 cm long;
- Sewing machine;
- Thread, needles, pins;
- Paper for the circuit.
He coped with the pot holders, it would be easy to make, and other practical and beautiful household items for the kitchen in a patchwork technique
Work is performed in the following sequence:
- On paper compose sewing scheme. If tack rags to narrow, convenient to make a pattern of rectangles of varying lengths have been laid out in a spiral. In this case, the central element is a small square.
- Transfer the developed diagram of fleece, numbered elements thereon.
- Sew start with the center. Pinned down to the first element of the interlining and sew it on the machine.
- Next flap are putting to the previous face so that docked stitching lines and zastrachivaem one.
- We straighten and smooth the flap sewn seams of iron.
- We continue thereby sheathe the superposed parts.
- We sew the workpiece to the cutting off of a dense drape.
- We carry out edging of the tape ends make out the loop.
He coped with the pot holders, it would be easy to make, and other practical and beautiful household items for the kitchen in patchwork technique. Any hostess useful potholders handy as gloves, aprons and colorful aprons.
Products, sewn in a patchwork technique are appropriate not only in the kitchen. Very original look in the living room decorative pillowcases on cushions made in this style. More experienced handy bedroom bedspreads adorn sewn from scraps.
Beautiful patchwork for beginners (video)
If you have perseverance and artistic taste, master patchwork sewing will be an easy task. As is easy to see, create original and interesting elements can be virtually anything, and they will delight for years to come.
Quilting for Beginners (photo)