Stretch ceilings in the apartments: 6 best options
Stretch ceilings are ideal for beautiful and refined decoration of the ceiling in your apartment Almost every ceiling is not without some drawbacks. Gypsum board, for example, even putty experienced craftsman who used the very expensive materials, is small defects: it is mostly manifested in the lateral illumination - then seen the error of which simply can not get rid of. Straining the ceiling is devoid of any kind of visual defect, therefore, the ceilings in the apartments - a golden option for a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing finish.
Furthermore, this type of coating has another useful qualities: can be hidden under the material web ventilation ducts, electrical wiring pipes etc.
How to set ceilings: the installation of their own hands
So, you decided to mount the ceilings on their own, that is, with his own hands.
To make literate Installation of suspended ceilings, you need the appropriate tool for the job.
Before working with the stretch ceiling is necessary to prepare the necessary tool to check its serviceability
Some tool, of course, have every self-respecting host, but for suspended ceilings installation this may not be enough.
So, the necessary tools and fasteners:
- Rotary hammer (impact drill);
- Level. Very desirable laser level, to the maximum marking precision.
- Dowels required size and quantity.
- Paint knife.
- Spatula (scapula).
As you know, do not get along without a stepladder.
Before purchasing a cloth, it is necessary to make measurement of the room, that is, to measure its perimeter. After that purchased components, based on the measurements made. If you decide to put a PVC fabric, you need heat gun, a gas cylinder, in order to warm up the room.
Suspended ceiling in the apartment: the pros and cons of this choice
As usual, any kind of finish has its pros and cons.
The main thing that the pros outweigh the cons - that the success of any event!
Suspended ceiling, as practice shows, has a lot of poles, and very few cons.
Stretch ceilings not only look great, but will serve you more than one year
- Impeccable appearance;
- Can be installed and combined multilevel ceilings;
- Minimum loss ceiling height, after installation;
- moisture resistance;
- Inexpensive construction;
- No need to be painted;
- Environmental cleanliness.
As you can see, the advantages abound.
- The fragility of the coating. Chances are damaged by sharp objects, even during children's games.
- If the ceiling is installed incorrectly, it will not hold water.
Thus, by 8: 2, "plus" - lead!
How are the ceilings in the apartment: depends on the type of fabric
Selection of suspended ceilings, based on their type, is sufficient.
Satin ceilings are very popular today because they are suitable for any interior
- Glossy (lac). Ceiling enlarges the size of the room, which is very important, because the housing with low ceilings abound, and the glossy ceiling will help you out, if the base ceiling in an apartment too small. There is a reflection effect.
- Matt. Such ceilings are classics, even conservatism. This type of ceiling differs slightly rough surface, and creates the impression of perfectly painted ceilings. Absolutely no reflection effect. Less expensive than glossy.
- Satin. It combines the best sides of matte and glossy ceiling. It looks better than matte. It reflects light. This ceiling is ideal for the bedroom.
Satin ceiling suitable for any interior completely.
Glossy ceiling gives the room lightness and unique charm. The room looks more spacious, successfully concealing the shortcomings of small rooms.
Satin ceilings are very interesting, and under different light sources look different.
Stretch ceilings in the interior of apartments: encouraging diversity
ceilings Variety sometimes brings the future of its owner to a screeching halt, especially if he had long studied the sources of information such as pictures, as well as photo and video materials.
Renovated apartment - is, of course, a range of activities, where it is important to absolutely everything. But, you see, the ceiling, especially the tension - it is a special part of the repair, a certain zest. That is why more and more people install it suspended ceilings.
Stretch ceilings are varied and will help create any decor in your room
A variety of types of suspended ceilings allow to recreate whatever interior.
Judge for yourself:
- Tension ceilings using printing through which can live in a very unique interior at luxury studios;
- Stretch ceilings 3d, whose beauty is simply amazing and even mesmerizing;
- 3d-effect that simulates the starry sky;
- Just matte and glossy, as well as satin.
Thus, a truly royal selection, encouraging all homeowners.
Prepared structure for suspended ceilings device
When there is a presence in the finished structure, work the installer significantly easier, and increases the speed of repairs significantly.
Finished construction invented in order to significantly simplify the stretch ceiling device.
The finished design for the stretch ceiling greatly simplifies and accelerates the work of the installer itself the repair process
Buying a ready-made design, you greatly simplify the process of repair, as well as improving its quality.
Required for construction:
- Profile for step transition;
- Constructions having latent backlight;
- Structures for compounds;
- Profiles for curved structures, with special nadpilami. These profiles significantly save time by eliminating finishers make homemade profile, using the "grinders".
These standard series in demand especially when it comes to multi-level ceilings, and ceilings, constructively, particularly difficult.
safety measures during installation of suspended ceilings with modern
Lest any abnormality during the installation of suspended ceilings, do not forget about safety, and implement it rigorously during these works.
This is necessary in order to work, as a result, have been carried out to assess the "5" on a five-point system, and negative factors during ongoing work, did not happen.
Before working on the gas cylinder it is necessary to carefully examine and be especially careful when working with gas
Repairs done in order to further the life of homeowners in his house, gave him joy, and not to get hurt and go to the hospital.
Particular attention should be focused on the most dangerous part of the work.
However, we must always be careful to protect yourself from the most undesirable consequences.
If you arrange the ceiling of PVC:
- Carefully inspect the gas cylinder before operation. It is necessary to check the expiration date, date of manufacture and date of next calibration. The valve must reliably keep the gas. In the winter, you should not transport the gas cylinder to the place of work, if it is refilled! Can not be excluded after the explosion, when the balloon attains room temperature!
- Hose connections must be absolutely reliable.
- In any case, it is impossible to build up their own hoses! Hoses should not be too long, and must not have visible damage.
- The distance between the heat gun and cylinder must be at least 1.5 m.
You need to remove all the excess out of the room, in order to avoid possible injury and to prevent fire.
Mounting tension ceilings (video)
In conclusion, I would like to note the following. Suspended ceilings in a small apartment - the most practical option of finishing. Behind him it is very easy to care for - a fairly simple wipe with a cloth. For life - and he have a considerable stretch ceiling - you can not even remember some kind of painting because the tension fabric retains its original, fresh appearance for many years. In addition, the suspended ceiling - a good safety net against leaks, which you can arrange your neighbors above, and you will not lose your own furniture and decorative elements. In a word - solid pros! Make up your mind, and arranged in his apartment ceilings.
Stretch ceilings in the apartments (photo)